The September edition of the Michigan Area Reporter, the official newspaper of the Detroit and West Michigan Conferences, it on its way to mailboxes, and the digital edition of the paper has been posted on the Detroit Conference website.
Included in the September edition is:
- An article on the Motown Mission Experience in Detroit;
- A feature on the second year of the Urban Methodist Youth Camp at Judson Collins Center;
- An article on the recent Hands Across the City event in Grand Rapids;
- A recap of the Michigan Area School for Pastoral Ministry;
- A book review on Paul Borden's "Direct Hit" in the "Inside the Pages" section;
- Reflections from the Rev. Dr. Jack Harnish, senior pastor at Birmingham: First UMC, in "Clergy's Corner;"
- Columns from the Rev. Dr. Jerry Devine and the Rev. Benton Heisler, Directors of Connectional Ministries in the Detroit and West Michigan Conferences, respectively;
- A column from the Rev. David Bell, vice-president of stewardship at the United Methodist Foundation of Michigan, which talks about "Stewardship lessons from passing generations;"
- and much more, including the national edition of the United Methodist Reporter!
To view the digital edition of the Reporter, visit www.detroitconference.org/reporter.
The Michigan Area Reporter is published monthly and is funded by the Commissions on Communications in the Detroit and West Michigan Conferences.
Individuals can subscribe to the Reporter in one of two ways:
• Option 1 is a subscription to receive 12 issues of the Michigan Area Reporter delivered to their home. The cost for this option is $12.00 per year.
• Option 2 is a subscription to receive 12 issues of the Michigan Area Reporter and 40 issues of the United Methodist Reporter delivered to their home. The cost for this option is $32.00 per year.
Churches can choose to have bundles of the Michigan Area Reporter delivered to their church each month in quantities of 10, 25, or 50 copies. The cost annually for 10 copies is $32.00, $92.00 for 25 copies, and $150.00 for 50 copies. Churches must prepay for this option. If a church desires more copies, quantity and pricing can be negotiated.
In 2010, churches will receive three complimentary copies each month, while all clergy will also receive a complimentary copy. Beginning in 2011, each church will only receive one complimentary copy, and clergy will have to subscribe in order to receive the Reporter.
A subscription form for the Michigan Area Reporter for individuals and churches can be downloaded here.
Local churches are encouraged to submit story ideas (stories of hope, inspiration, growth, innovative ministry, strategic programming, etc.) to RJ Walters, the Reporter's editor. Walters can be contacted at email@example.com or 517-607-1736.